The Brazilian Keratin Treatment is:
- Affordable - It brings the price of silky straight hair to a reasonable level, expanding your customer base while remaining an upscale process.
- Universal - It can be used on dyed or highlighted hair. In fact, it can be used on any type of hair.
- Gentle - It is NOT meant to be permanent and it DOES require redoing approximately every 4 months. That is why you can leave it on the client's hair and walk away if you have to. That is why you can use it on children. That is why it blends with the natural growth of hair.
- Natural - It does NOT use strong chemicals to open and close the hair cuticle in an effort to straighten it, “breaking the bonds” of the hair shaft. Keratin is a natural substance which comprises approximately 88% of your hair.
- Healthy- It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage. The results are SOFT, SHINY, STRAIGHT hair.
What is it?
Keratin is a type of protein high in the amino acid “Cystine.” This special amino acid is what makes hair super tough and extremely elastic. Scientists refer to Keratin as a “Biopolymer,” due to its unique structures and interesting properties. Biopolymers are found throughout nature and give form and structure to naturally occurring substances all around the world; everything from leaves to trees, and turtle shells to goose down. Keratin is a classic example of a Biopolymer and it is the main structure building protein in our hair and nails.
Useful keratin extracts have been long sought after as highly prized cosmetic ingredients. Until recently, high quality keratin extracts were impossible to find on a commercial scale. We utilize a patented process called Keratec® to carefully separate the Keratin from wool, while maintaining its quality…an extremely difficult task to do properly.
The wool is harvested each spring when New Zealand sheep are sheared. This causes absolutely no harm to the sheep that are probably happy to be rid of their heavy winter wool coats before the coming summer heat. We use only pure and natural wool, straight from the farms. New Zealand sheeps’ wool is considered to be amongst the very finest in the world and absolutely free from BSE or anything else that would be potentially harmful.
When it comes to keratin, it’s extreme toughness is the key. Keratin’s durability and strength protect and improve the hair both inside and out. Our unique biopolymer ingredient is virtually a “liquid form of hair” that gently blends with the hair on your head to help restore what has been lost over time and through environmental stresses.
How does it work?
What’s the unique benefit to this ingredient? The small size of the Keratin Biopolymer molecules penetrate under the hair’s cuticle and seep into the inner hair shaft, helping to improve the quality of the hair from the inside. The Keratin fills in the gaps between the cuticle and the inner hair shaft and becomes sealed into the hair’s inner structure by the high heat flat iron. As you will soon learn, the Keratin Biopolymer works with other ingredients in the product to help eliminate the frizz and add strength and elasticity.
Tips for Brazilian Keratin Treatment
- Do not wash hair for the first 4 days after the treatment.
- If hair becomes exposed to moisture use a blow dryer or flat iron immediately.
- Wear hair down at all times.
- Do not tie hair into ponytail or put it behind your ears.
- Do not use hair clips, bobby pins, head bands, or glasses to hold hair back.
- Wear a silk scarf to pull hair away from your face.
- Do not exercise for 4 days.
- Afrer the 4 day period you may wear your hair as normal. Do not use shampoo or conditioner with sodium chloride.
- We recommend a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.